Panasonic AG-CX350 4K Camcorder
Panasonic AG-CX350 4K is a lineup of camcorders that supports the fusion of video, broadcasting, and communication. The AG-CX350 is a handheld camcorder that features 4K/UHD resolution, 10-bit depth HDR-compatible V-Log/HLG image quality and various recording formats including broadcasting P2HD.
Panasonic AG-CX350 4K Key Specifications
- New VLog recording function (V3 upgrade) provides the ability to capture the CX350s 13 stops of dynamic range, as well as more easily color grade content, especially for shared projects with the Panasonic EVA1 and/or S1H cinema cameras.
- Eight user-selectable gamma modes—HD, SD, Filmlike 1, Filmlike 2, Filmlike 3, Film-Rec, Video-Rec, and HLG for HDR recording.
- You can choose to output HDR over the 3G-SDI or HDMI output either individually or simultaneously.
- Provides a 16-axis color control of your image with three skin-tone control so you can isolate and adjust your colors precisely and protect your skin tones.
The 1inch MOS sensor features 15MP resolution, easily supporting UHD with its native resolution of 5170 x 2908.
The 20x optical zoom lens has a 35mm focal length equivalent to 24.5 to 490mm. 24.5 is an extremely wide angle for a UHD camcorder. It features 5-Axis Hybrid Image Stabilization in both 4K and HD, which can be useful when hand-holding the camcorder. The lens also features individual lens control rings for zoom, focus, and iris. This enables manual control of your lens (in addition to servo), similar to the control you get on full-sized shoulder-mounted cameras.
Additional features of the lens include:
- Intelligent autofocus with subject tracking.
- Custom AF function: The autofocus speed can be set in 7 steps, the sensitivity can be set in 10 steps, and the AF selection area can be adjusted.
- The lens is controllable from third-party wired devices and also from iOS and Android tablets.
The camera records at standard speeds—23.98, 25, 29.97, 50, 59.94. It also records at variable frame rates in both UHD and HD; from 1 to 60 fps in UHD and 1 to 120 fps in HD.
The AG-CX350 features SD card slots, providing you with a wide choice of media to choose from, all sold separately.
If you already have P2 cards, the camcorder is compatible with them with a caveat. The CX350 can record onto a microP2 card as an SD card, but please be aware that:
- microP2 card A series 64GB card (AJ-P2M064A), when used as an SD card, is recognized as Speed Class 10.
- microP2 card A series 32GB card (AJ-P2M32A) is recognized as Speed Class 4 for AVCHD only.
- microP2 card B series (AJ-P2M064B) is recognized as Speed Class V90 for all formats.
The dual SD media slots permit you to choose from the following recording schemes:
- Relay recording: As one card fills up, the recording automatically switches to the second card so you don’t have to stop recording.
- Simultaneous recording: Both cards record the same material at the same time.
- Background recording: Starts both cards recording simultaneously, but the run/stop button will pause the recording on one card.
The camera features an Ethernet port that allows you to connect it directly to a LAN (bypassing the need for a computer) and transfer your files to an FTP server with a global IP address. You can also use this port for wired streaming.
The camera uses standard streaming protocols. Using an available AJ-WM30 USB dongle, you can connect the camera to a Wi-Fi network and transfer files to an FTP server. Available third-party dongles will allow 4G/LTE connectivity.
Enhanced Network Connectivity
The CX350 has preinstalled support of NDI, which provides:
- Automatic discovery and ease of use
- Built-in support for NDI via NDI|HX (requires NewTek NDI|HX firmware upgrade)
- Ultra-low latency
- Camera control and tally
High-image quality FHD streaming without a PC or an encoder unit. During streaming, UHD/FHD video can be recorded to SD cards in the camera body.