Canon EF 50MM 1.8 Lens
- A normal-length prime lens is designed for full-frame Canon EF-mount DSLRs, however, it can also be used with APS-C models where it provides an 80mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/1.8 maximum aperture enables control over depth of field for selective focus applications and also benefits working in low-light situations.
- Super Spectra coating has been applied to individual elements to minimize ghosting and flare for greater contrast and color neutrality when working in strong lighting conditions.
- An STM stepping AF motor realizes smooth, near-silent autofocus that is complemented by advanced AF algorithms and a high-speed CPU for fast AF performance. Additionally, full-time manual focus override is also available.
- Redeveloped physical design incorporates a metal lens mount for durability as well as a re-located focusing ring to maintain a compact form factor.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.